Follow
Read More
irwin was fun, i was kidding. he was a particularily high strung cat tho. no wonder he sometimes agitated his subjects. imo , animals need time to think..
(0)

poor steve erwin was a spastic kind of guy, and his death was such a terrible thing to have happened. I don't believe he deserved to die, especially leaving his family behind. His poor wife was shattered to pieces regardless of weather steve was wreckless or annoying. Yikes CAPT. Had to comment on this, even though it's off subject.
(0)

tonight we are having barbequed chicken sandwiches. Just put the chicken in the crock pot with the sauce to cook all day. Hope it's good, it's the first time I've did it this way.
(1)

Tortilla crusted tilapia
(2)

Capn .. some days you make me think I could bat for the other team.
Nah .. lol .. (but I do like your attitude).
(1)

hehehe .. yeah .. just did that with the cereal/breakfast dry goods. Birds have TONS of old granola to chow down now. Oh .. and the buggy (ewwwwww, gross) cream of wheat.
(1)

Will you be eating pork for several days, Sky, or are there a few eaters in your household? I love veggies roasted in pan drippings.
(1)

Oh dang. Now I'm hungry for hummus and pesto on crackers. Good thing we are out of crackers. :D (I cleaned out a cupboard and fed all my out-of-date stale crackers to the crows and squirrels. Need to restock for people use.)
(1)

One of my favorite salad meals is a huge leafy salad (with as many veggie type things that we might have in the crisper) smothering a baked potato with a generous portion of my favorite catalina dressing.

If I hadn't just had roasted red (bell) pepper hummus and sun-dried tomato pesto with cheesy crackers, I'd be hungry now for that. MMMhmmm.
(2)

Roasted Pork Roast with carrots,potatoes and onions,in 6 qt roaster with vegatable stock broth
(4)

Last few days - soup, or soup - chicken or hamburger - both home made. Meal in a bowl. .
(2)

Saturday's dinner had to be Taco Squares, and it was, along with avocado slices on a lettuce bed, with sour cream and salsa.

We try to do a salad meal once a week. Sunday we had mixed greens with steak strips, two kinds of cheese, hard cooked egg wedges, radishes, pomegranate seeds, red grapes, parsley, green onions, carrot slices, and celery. (I forgot to add the walnuts I'd intended.) On salad nights we each eat out of a medium serving bowl!
(1)

" whats for dinner?
leather.hahaha. im such a b**ch that i expect nothing but a hard way to go in return..
(0)

hahaha. steve irwin was too wound up for his animal subjects. if you want to get a female human out of her leather pants you dont do it with high pressure aussie flim flam. you hopefully do it with intellectual dialogue and honest compliments. i dont know who bob ross is either but he sounds pretty effiminate.. we skeptical men sabatogue ourselves. its preferable to a woman telling us that were disfunctual.. duh, were aware of that.
(0)

Back on topic ... if I ever wondered if my boarders checked the weekly menu, I found out tonight. Daughter Barb came home from visiting her other mother and sniffed, "That doesn't smell like taco squares." Son Pat came home from work, walked into the kitchen, and said, "Hey, I thought we were having taco squares tonight."

So I flipped a couple of days. No crime, right? This is my weekend to host my mom and I couldn't leave her to shop for the ingredient I discovered I was missing for taco squares. Instead I made potato pancakes with maple syrup, applesauce, and crisp bacon. She loves that. Lemon bars for dessert.

I don't know if there is a difference between latkes and potato pancakes. Most recipes look the same to me, but the latkes I get from my favorite deli seem thicker than my pancakes.

Taco squares tomorrow ...
(3)

Lmao, you might have to send an English translation to that phrase in a private message. We agree to disagree. I saw him as someone who loved animals… much as Bob Ross loved to paint his "happy little trees." I enjoyed their enthusiasm for what they loved.

And we are WAY off topic now. ;-)
(0)

steve was allright but he was a control freak. sometimes the wildlife wasnt as enthusiastic as he was. sometimes if id had a hypodermic phallus in my snout idda stuck him in his esophogus too. seriously, watch some reruns, the guy was an egotistic who didnt respect his seagoing subjects. i sure hope this doesnt offend allison. that chick trips mt s**t . im trying to be civil with everything ive got..
sorry, i thought you girls were better judges of that than us guys..
(0)

Steve Irwin was an awesome dude, who shared his great enthusiasm for the animal world with millions of people. I think its very fitting he died doing what he loved. We all should be so lucky.

What's for dinner? My Green Giant rice pilaf steamer bag just finished its rounds in the microwave. Yum yum!
(1)

m,heh.. id cram 65 celery stalks in a monkey and remind him of the food chain as i was eating him. the animal with the most complex brain usually perseveres, except in the case of the aussie guy,steve -- whatever. he tangled with a manta ray with a little more resolve than he himself had,. what was that annoying d**kholes name? steve irwin. the ray shut up his meth dialogue,thats good enough for me. the cat talked too much , an irritant...
(2)

Oh Cap..We use lots of cayenne pepper regularly...tonight I used lots of black pepper. Love the hot spicy with everything we eat.
(1)

Jeanne~I have a Kitchen aide blender. I bought 2 last year for my daughter and daughter-in-law for Christmas from Amazon. I used the dreamfield penne pasta (1/2 a box) cooked al dente like you suggested. I have had mine for about 12 years, but...I did not really use it until about 5 years ago. I have made pumpkin soup, gravies, different sauces with veggies. I am using it more and more since my kids moved out...a great kitchen tool.

Cap~Dog, Haha!! Hubby might go for that...Chinese is great, I have been using Bragg Low Sodium Soy Sauce from Trader Joes...hubby loves it (I can do without soy sauce). Dog is a possiblity...just not monkey!!
(1)

Sounds good, Sharyn. What kind of immersion blender do you have? Have you had it long?
(2)

sharyn,
some pretty heart healthy recipes can be found in a chinese cook book. stir fried vegs , meat, white vineagar and grape jelly and youve got the sweet / sour from hell. dont forget the red pfeffer..
my youngest son bought me a chinese cookbook at a yard sale when he was only about 9 yrs old. i can take a hint when its that self explanatory.. the kid ate what we call " dog " for months.. heh. when our family would afford china buffet we called it " eatin dog " . its our f'in joke, we'll laugh if we want to..
(1)

YaY!! dinner tonight is simple...a round steak browned, then simmered until tender. Zucchini, onions, celery, bell pepper cooked until soft then added to the meat mixture with low sodium beef broth, a small can of crushed tomatoes blended with immersion blender, garlic, small amount of pasta and last 10 minutes at freshly diced basil...I am cooking for my hubby who is diabetic and has had a stroke so low sodium and low carbs... An inexpensive meal but very tasty with garlic bread on the side.
(2)

boni you sound like a heck of a good cook. been meaning to tell you that.
(1)

i do not care for oatmeal cookies. now choc oatmeal no bakes - totally different story.
the fudge ecstacys from " better homes than yours " website are the s**t if you just thrive on blowing people away. dont overbake them. when they turn from glossy to dull , get em out of the oven.. " get " milk.lol
(1)

Nuts! ;-)
(1)

Geo, you can all get by with oatmeal cookies with only nuts for one week! :) Put in macadamias and pecans and walnuts and be happy!
(1)

These answers are giving me more ideas, now. There are things people are mentioning that I haven't made in a long time. Chicken paprikash is one. But, we're living it up, now, even ordering fancy Paczki for Fat Tuesday, because the day after, Mom (meaning, all of us) starts her one-week low-iodine diet.

It says she can have home-baked cookies, but then you can't use chocolate, molasses or dried fruit, so I have to think about this. I was going to bake her oatmeal cookies but I like to add things to them. So far, have figured I can add nuts, but would like to come up with something else to add and something we'd actually eat (that leaves out carob chips, which none of us will eat).
(2)

" americas vast - ness "
on a flight from atlanta to indy once we were allowed to sit anywhere we wanted since the plane wasnt full up. i found a window seat up front and figured id see some usa. it was solid forest and farmland for hours with only an occasional town and even less occasional city. it surprised me as id been under the impression that each major city sprawled into the next. i love europe but the usa has afforded me the cheap land and materials to build 2 houses in my lifetime. couldnt do that in europe, in fact youd live in at least a duplex, if not an apartment complex. i think america will always be an innovation powerhouse because of our lack of red tape. if you want to build a product here and need a factory, get the permits and hire a bull dozer. its almost that simple.. central indiana fields are loaded with wind turbines. slouchers , were not.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter