Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
After telling mom to wait on us making a cake (her arm is broken) until after dinner so I could help her, she proceeds to get ingredients out and manages to drop the sugar container dumping 5 lbs of sugar in the floor 😣 I know I don’t have it as hard as some of you guys but these last 3 weeks since she’s been in my home have been so stressful. Why are they so demanding and impatient? Ugh!
(10)

This is nothing compared to what those of you caring for your elders are going through but.....last week I spoke to my ex-SIL about Christmas plans & she asked if she could come by on Christmas Eve to our annual party. I said sure, because she is still family as far as I am concerned and she’s always welcome. She also told me that on Christmas Day, she is spending the whole day with BIL and their son and that she’d be at whoevers house that was hosting Christmas Day. Today I spoke to my SIL who is hosting Christmas Day at her house and found out that my BIL (her & hubby’s brother) is bringing his girlfriend and her 2 teenagers to SILs on Christmas Day, along with his ex wife/my ex SIL! My SIL and I both think it’s going to be very awkward. SIL also said BIL invited BOTH women without asking her first. I have not met the new girlfriend but my husband has and said “she’s a nice lady”. She is a lot older than my ex-SIL but close to my BILs age and she is divorced and her older daughter does not want her dating anyone. SIL said compares to his 2 ex wives, the girlfriend seems really normal. But regardless....Christmas Day will be interesting! My loyalty is to my ex-SIL (this is the first Christmas since they split up) so for me, it will feel weird having to socialize with both women. Because I don’t know how they feel about each other and if there is any drama between BIL and his ex. But like I told my SIL, if none of them care, why should we? I mean I don’t care what they do or who they bring but I can’t lie, the whole thing is a bit akward for me!

and I don’t know if BIL is planning to bring the GF on Christmas Eve? Don’t know if I should ask? And I don’t know if ex SIL is bringing her GF, but I am thinking she’s not since she didn’t say she was when we talked last week.

But back to Christmas plans.....I am excited and hope all the kids have fun! I’m switching it up this year, I am NOT going to cook a big fancy meal like I’ve always done. Gonna order lasagna, a couple pastas, salad and pizzas (pizza for the kid) and have a game night for the kids. We have skee ball, tabletop basketball, & cornhole & I’m gonna order another game off amazon tonight but still need to figure out one more game. Might just get a piñata and give a prize to the kid who breaks the piñata. There are 5 kids so I’m getting 5 prizes-$5 Starbucks cards for the 10 & 12 year olds, a 5-pack of hot wheels for the two 7 year olds and an LOL surprise ball for the 5 year old. I hope the kids have fun! Christmas Day we will have a white elephant exchange for the adults at my SILs house.
(5)

OMG PeeWee, just last night I was thinking it would "fun" (NOT) to post about how our days go,, and here you are!
Every day starts with mom saying she will wait to take her shower until I am done with mine.. I tell her every day that we have plenty of hot water.. wash away! Then I hear 500 times about her pain ( Ouch Ouch Ouch, yes I know you are in pain,, did you put a patch on,, Nope) Or her runny bowels ( I only went 2x today, or I have gone 4 times already) Shall I call the Dr? Not again.. or her toe pain ( shall I call the Dr? Not again) She won't go, wait until her next apt. Are we putting up the tree? ( one is up, I am not feeling real Christmassy this year) So up went 2nd tree. The repetition and complaints are tireing to me. And if I try to get up and DO something, she asks "are you leaving already".. I spend a lot of time in the TV room with her. I've told her I am tired because I do nothing, not because I do too much! She says "wait until you are my age",, OK, but I am not your age and I am tired of acting like I am!! It could be worse,, but God I am tired
(16)

My heart goes out to you.  I understand that AL directors have to deal with violence.
(2)

I got you guys beat.  I have gone 4 nights with no sleep.  Mom keeps demanding I get food and put the little ones asleep.  Her youngest grandchild is 25.
(7)

@DollyMe, that's like getting a call from the principal's office.
(4)

Got a call from the Executive Director at the AL facility that my step father and his wife are at, seems yesterday they got into a screaming match with another resident in the dining room...and...she took a swing at the other resident...didn't connect...Ahh yes...Are we having fun yet? Nope, and it's only 9:30 am!
(10)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter